I spent hours and hours testing and trying many dust boots on several CNCs that I have had over the years. I had some that the brush piece would dislodge and cause ruined jobs. I have had others that made it so frustrating to make tool changes that I tried to avoid them at all costs! Well after all this trial and error, I have come up with the design you see here -- the Pixels to Prototype dust boot. This dust boot is designed from the ground up in Fusion360 making it very easy to adjust and adapt for many different machines, spindles, and setups. If you have a custom need, please to not hesitate to reach out!
I also make machine specific boots:
X-Carve Direct Replacement Boot - CLICK HERE!
New Wave Shark CNCs - CLICK HERE!
- Screw clamp for attaching directly to the spindle/router
- 70mm (2.75") nylon brush with Magnet attachment. This also features 4 tabs to prevent the brush dislodging in the middle of a job.
- Brush Cutout piece for easy removal to perform tool changes.
- Quick Connect Hose Adapter
Spindle option notes -- Please note that there is a Left and a Right listed on the DeWalt DWP611. This is my attempt to give the option as to which side you would like the collet lock button to be located on. If you view your spindle from the front of your machine, if you would like the collect lock to the Left of the spindle, please choose left. If you have an X-Carve, left is typically requested. I have a right version on my Ooznest/Openbuilds Workbee CNC.
Spindle Size Details:
- DeWalt DWP611 - 69mm diameter - 70mm Boot - Popular on XCarve, Shapeoko, Open Builds, and MANY DIY CNCs
- Bosch Colt - 70.6mm diameter - 70mm Boot
- Makita RT0701C - 65mm diameter - 65mm Boot - Popular on XCarve, Shapeoko, Open Builds, and DIY CNCs
- 2hp / 1.5kW / 2.5kW / 80mm Spindle - 80mm Boot - Popular on Next Wave Shark CNCs, Axiom Precision CNCs, DIY CNCs
- Bosch EVS1617 - 88.9mm Boot
- 1.25"OD Adapter - Outside is tapered from 1.21" (30.75mm) to 1.25" (31.75mm) for connection. Designed for the hose to go over the end and be clamped via ziptie. This is designed for a 1.25" plastic ShopVac-type hose.
- 1.5"ID Adapter - Adapter OD fits the Rockler Dust Collection FlexiPort 1.5" ID
- 1.75"OD Adapter - Adapter ID is Tapered from (45.45mm) to (44.59mm). OD of adapter is (52.45mm). Designed for the hose to fit inside the adapter. This fits hoses just like the XCarve Dust Shoe and was made as a direct replacement for an Xcarve shoe.
- 2.25"OD Adapter - Adapter ID is Tapered from (58.15mm) to (57.25mm). OD of adapter is (65.15mm). Designed for the hose to fit inside the adapter. This is designed for a 2.25" plastic ShopVac-type hose.
- 2.5"OD Adapter - Adapter ID is (52.325mm). OD of adapter is (60.325mm). Designed for a Dust Collection 2.5" Hose to be clamped on the outside of the adapter.
- 3"OD Adapter - Adapter for 3" Dust Collector Hose
- 4"OD Adapter - Adapter for 4" Dust Collector Hose
With the sheer number of CNCs out there and the different configurations - please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns with the Chat below, through the contact page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!
Notes on some common machines:
Shapeoko - Standard boot options have been tested and proven.
X-Carve - Standard boot options have been tested and proven on stock X-Carves as well as machines with the CNC4Newbie Z-axis upgrade.
New Wave Shark CNCs - Shark HD or Shark II machines with the larger, black plastic mounts need additional clearance of approximately 1.25". Shark HD5 machines have also shown that they require an additional 1.25" of clearance as well. Please contact me if you have one of these machines as I have custom boot designs that address these clearance issues!
Work Bee / Lead CNC - Standard boot options have been tested and proven. WorkBee CNC4Newbie Z axis is compatable.
Axiom CNCs - Standard boot options have been tested and proven.