I spent hours and hours testing and trying many dust boots on several CNCs that I have had over the years. I had some that the brush piece would dislodge and cause ruined jobs. I have had others that made it so frustrating to make tool changes that I tried to avoid them at all costs! Well after all this trial and error, I have come up with the design you see here -- the Pixels to Prototype dust boot. This dust boot is designed from the ground up in Fusion360 making it very easy to adjust and adapt for many different machines, spindles, and setups. If you have a custom need, please to not hesitate to reach out!
- Screw clamp for attaching firmly and quickly to the spindle.
- 70mm (2.75") nylon brush with Magnet attachment. This also features 4 tabs to prevent the brush dislodging in the middle of a job. Additional brushes are available in the store and are interchangeable.
- Brush has slit for easy removal to perform tool changes.
- Quick Connect Hose Adapter - easily remove hose from the boot for tool changes or machine work!
- We have several colors available -- if you have a specific color preference, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate! The default boot color is black.
Spindle Size Details:
- ***New V3 Boot out now for 65mm and 80mm Spindles!!! >>PRODUCT LINK HERE<<
- DeWalt DWP611 - 69mm diameter - 70mm Boot - Popular on XCarve, Shapeoko, Open Builds, and DIY CNCs
- Bosch Colt - 70.6mm diameter - 70mm Boot
- Makita/Carbide - 65mm diameter - 65mm Boot - Popular on XCarve, Shapeoko, Open Builds, and DIY CNCs
- 2hp / 1.5kW / 2.5kW / 80mm Spindle - 80mm Boot
- 88.9mm - Bosch / Porter Cable Routers
- 1.25"OD Adapter - Outside is tapered from 1.21" (30.75mm) to 1.25" (31.75mm) for connection. Designed for the hose to go over the end and be clamped via ziptie. This is designed for a 1.25" plastic ShopVac-type hose.
- 1.5"ID Adapter - Adapter OD fits the Rockler Dust Collection FlexiPort 1.5" ID
- 1.75"OD Adapter - Adapter ID is Tapered from (45.45mm) to (44.59mm). OD of adapter is (52.45mm). Designed for the hose to fit inside the adapter. This fits hoses just like the XCarve Dust Shoe and was made as a direct replacement for an Xcarve shoe.
- 2.25"OD Adapter - Adapter ID is Tapered from (58.15mm) to (57.25mm). OD of adapter is (65.15mm). Designed for the hose to fit inside the adapter. This is designed for a 2.25" plastic ShopVac-type hose.
- 2.5"OD Adapter - Adapter ID is (52.325mm). OD of adapter is (60.325mm). Designed for a Dust Collection 2.5" Hose to be clamped on the outside of the adapter.
- 3"OD Adapter - Adapter for 3" Dust Collector Hose
- 4"OD Adapter - Adapter for 4" Dust Collector Hose (This is the default adapter)
Pixels to Prototype Boots have been tested and used on the following CNCs:
Shapeoko, X-Carve, X-Carve Pro, Work Bee CNC, Queen Bee CNC, Lead CNC, Axiom CNCs, New Wave Shark CNCs (Shark HD, Shark II, Shark HD5), Stepcraft, CNC4Newbie CNCs, Phantom CNC, EZ Router, CAM Master, and MANY CUSTOM CNCs!
Spindle option notes -- Please note that there is a Left and a Right listed on the DeWalt DWP611. This is my attempt to give the option as to which side you would like the collet lock button to be located on. If you view your spindle from the front of your machine, if you would like the collect lock to the Left of the spindle, please choose left. If you have an X-Carve, Left is typically requested. I have a Right version on my Ooznest/Openbuilds/Bulkman3d Workbee CNC.